The major roadblock I encountered writing code to extract raw data from the Tactonic device was a segmentation fault in the startup phase. When the code attempted to assign a device to the custom visualizer class, execution would immediately stop due to an EXC_BAD_ACCESS error being thrown (see debug output below).
The instance of the custom viewer was originally a viewer pointer, but after changing it to a non-pointer instance the EXC_BAD_ACCESS error was no longer thrown, and the device paired with the viewer normally. I managed to output the force matrix generated by the Tactonic device, and it now gets written to a text file supplied as an argument. I'm working on a mainloop that will output the force matrix at every x calls to change it, but for now the program outputs this:
When running through the command line, a record of changing pressures was left, showing that the device is still recognizing and outputting nonzero pressures.
Once the mainloop is finished, we'll have a better idea of what needs to be done to get meaningful data from the device.



No comments:
Post a Comment