(Everett) Coming to the close of the semester, I have used many tools and resources to accomplish goals this semester. Among those tools are webrtc, node.js, web.py, and other resources mentioned in recent posts. Here I will specify how to acquire or implement those tools.
Webrtc
The webrtc tool is an API now incorporated into most browsers to allow communication through the browser alone without additional plugins. A description of the API can be found
here. For more usages it is helpful to review some existing projects. Muaz Khan has a multitude of projects in development
on github.
Web.py
To run many of my first projects I used web.py to deploy my code. Web.py is relatively simple to implement, and the details of it can be found
on the website.
Node.js
Node.js was used to create a signaling server for my most recent text chat application. Node.js can be used to run javascript from the command line, and with that capability, I used a signaling javascript to handle communications between users of the text chat application. The installation instructions for node.js an be found
here. Also, for more detailed information on using node.js as a signaling server
Muaz uses it in his experiments as well.
My Code
To view my code on github click the links below
- Using the webcam and gestures
- Text chat via peer-to-peer connections
- Text chat via rooms with router connection
No comments:
Post a Comment