Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spatial Audio + Robots

Since the last post, I have implemented two new features in the Web Audio GUI I have been working on. First, I adjusted the audio start time so that webpages will all play at the same time in the audio source. Previously, the audio source simply started from the beginning when the page was loaded. With some simple modulus, audio sources are now synchronized and start at a various points in the audio depending on what time the webpage is opened. The key is that now two people on separate devices can have the same experience.



Secondly, I have connected the playground to a ROS service Dr. Remy had previously set up. The service provides the location and direction of robots in a virtual world. In a separate application, you can control one of the robots and view the world. The idea was to have our WebAudio GUI (dubbed WebAudio playground) mimic the virtual world. Robots are given sounds so you can see and here what is going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment